It has been a long time, hopefully sooner than later I will post about my experience in the city of Pittsburg, PA, but for now, I would like to leave with this little curiosities that I particularly did not know:
- It’s impossible to kiss your own elbow
- Coca cola’s color originally was green.
- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 eliminating one olive, per salad that they served.
- Multiply 111,111,111 * 111,111,111 =12,345,678,987,654321
- The Eisenhower Interstate Highway System requires that one mile in every five must be straight. These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.
- The Pentagon was built with extra bathrooms to accommodate racial segregation
- It’s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open
- A cockroach can live for nine days without its head
- Miguel De Cervantes & William Shakespeare are consider the biggest exponents of Spanish and English respectively, Both die April 23rd of 1616.
- In ancient England a person could not have sex unless you had consent of the King (unless you were in the Royal Family). When anyone wanted to have a baby, they got consent of the King, the King gave them a placard that they hung on their door while they were having sex. The placard had FUCK(Fornication Under Consent of the King) on it
- It has been suggested that in World War II the term “zero killed” was used when a unit suffered no casualties in combat, and that this was then shortened to 0K. This proposed etymology is grossly anachronistic, since by this time the term had been widely used for a full century.